Netgear EX6120 is an AC Wi-Fi range extender which helps you boost your Wi-Fi range in just a single plug-in. It helps you instantly boost your internet connectivity by providing AC dual-band Wi-Fi which results in a crazy speed of upto 1200 Mbps. Isn’t that wonderful? It is so compact that it can easily fit anywhere in your home and which provide decent internet range at almost every corner of your house.
Netgear EX6120 Setup
Netgear EX6120 setup process is very easy, and with the help of our Netgear EX6120 manual, you can set up the device with ease. The steps to it are as follows:
- If you are setting it for the first time, plug it in a room where it is nearer to the router (It is just for the setup, later on). Now, connect to Wi-Fi with any of your devices whether it’s your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- Once the Wi-Fi is connected, it will redirect you to their website.Click on “New Extender Setup“. You can further create your account by filling up the mandatory details asked in the form and click on “Next”.
- It will redirect you to a page, which will show two options.Click on “Wi-Fi Range Extender”.
Select the name of the network that you want to extend and click on “Next”.
- It will ask for the password of Wi-Fi. Enter that and click on “Next”.
- Now create a new network name, enter security settings and click on “Next”.It’s then good to go. Finally connect your device (PC, Tablet, Smartphone, etc.) to the extender and click “continue”. Proceed with the extender and finally click on “Finish”.
Netgear EX6120 Reset
Netgear EX6120 Reset is needed in case you forget the extender’s admin password. You can erase the settings which you’ve entered earlier by resetting or rebooting your Netgear EX6120. The process to reset the extender is relatively quick and straightforward. It can be done in two ways.
You can do it manually without using any web browser. For that, you have to click on the “Factory Reset Button” provided on the bottom of your extender using a thin, pointed object like a pin. Press it for 5 seconds, release it and wait to get it rebooted. It will be rebooted to factory settings.
Another way is to do it with the help of a web browser. In the address bar of your web browser,
enter https://www.mywlfiext.net/. Login the page with Email and Password. Click on the settings and then click “Reset”.
Netgear EX6120 Firmware update
It is always advised to keep your firmware up-to-date. Netgear EX6120’s firmware update will not only help you fix bugs and glitches but also will introduce you with the new features and updated security settings. Normally, it automatically checks and notifies you if there is any new update available. But It is also highly recommended to keep a regular check on the updates available and download it. To do that, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your web browser and log on to your Netgear account. Make sure you are connected with the extender’s network.
- Click on “Firmware update” from the dropdown menu of settings.
- It will take 1-2 minutes to update, and the device will lose connection after that.
- Connect again and recheck the website in the same column. It will show your updated firmware specifications.
If still you face any problem, get in touch with our experts for any tech support you need. We are available 24×7 round the year.