Netgear EX6400 setup covers your premise with next-level wireless coverage without uprooting the existing WiFi setup. Netgear EX6400 is a robust dual-band Wi-Fi mesh extender. It gives you the phenomenal experience of magnifying your wireless network and enjoys the internet in every corner. With its ultimate features, it is capable of conveying the Wi-Fi speed of upto 1.9 Gbps which is capable enough of providing a robust and uninterrupted signal for long term use. It gives users the benefit of super intensified Wi-Fi range, reduced interference and boosting speed. The EX6400 setup can be done in different ways. One of them is Manual setup which is described below.
Netgear EX6400 Manual Setup
Netgear EX6400 manual setup can be completed efficiently by anyone who has a basic understanding of computer and Wi-Fi routers. One can single-handedly perform the setup manually by following the given process.
● Turn on your EX6400 and place the extender close to your Wi-Fi router.
● Gently place your extender into the electrical outlet.
● Now connect the extender to the router.
● Start a web browser on your mobile or a computer and go in for www.mywifiext.net.
● You will see the Netgear installation assistant on the screen.
● Follow the prompts and connect your extender to your WiFi network.
● Now move your extender to another place.
● If you notice the poor connection, then move your extender closer to the router and keep trying again until the Led lights turn white.
● After finding the best location for your extender, you can connect your client devices to the WiFi network.
If you still face issues, you can get in touch with our experienced technicians.
Netgear EX6400 Reset
Netgear EX6400 reset can become a specific task when you cannot recover your extender’s password. Losing track of your personalized settings can be a risky thing, but the factory reset the setting of the extender can simplify the job. This reset might delete all of your passwords, names, and security settings. You can follow the given steps to reset your extender.
● Make sure your extender’s power light is on.
● Now find your device’s reset or factory reset button. You can find the button on the back, bottom or sideways of the extender.
● You can use a paper clip or a similar material to press and hold the reset button for several seconds.
● Now release the button when the process is completed. Your extender is now reset.
Netgear EX6400 Firmware Update
Netgear EX6400 firmware update is a very crucial step to keep the security features in check as all of your information will be passing through the router. To protect your privacy and security of your device, follow the given process.
● Log in to your extender using the URL http://mywifiext.net.
● Select the option Firmware Update in the menu. Now click the browse button.
● Find and select the firmware image file which ends with .img or .chk extension.
● When the extender is boosted up, you will notice that the green led light is turned on.
● Now log in to the extender again. Your update is completed.
In case you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to connect with our tech support experts. We are available 24×7.