Dead spots and weak Wi-Fi network are the most significant issues which professionals, as well as common people, face these days. But thanks to Netgear ex3700 setup, you can efficiently eliminate the dead spots and resume using good internet connection in any part of the home or office.
Now, if you are new to the term Netgear Extender Ex3700 then here is a quick brief. It is a compact and handy device to eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones and strengthen the existing signals. The device comes with two antennas for better connectivity. It also has a 10/100 Ethernet port, in case you require a wired network.
Features and specifications of Netgear ex3700
- Netgear Extender Ex3700 comes with dual Wi-Fi modes where you can extend your existing connection as well as create a new access point.
- The device has used FastLane technology to improve video streaming and HD gaming.
- It has two in-built external antennas to strengthen the efficiency of the extender.
- Netgear ex3700 can be easily connected to a wired device like a Blu-ray player, gaming console, High definition TV or streaming player to your Wi-Fi network using its Ethernet port.
- With a single push of the WPD button, the netgear ex3700 setup can be installed for the device.
- It has the feature of dual-band, i.e. supporting both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies that provide better speed. Simultaneous dual-band reduces interference and gives better coverage.
- Lastly, it has a low profile design so that any person with basic understanding can make the connection and enjoy better internet connectivity.
Netgear ex3700 manual for device setup
Netgear ex3700 manual comes handy with the brand new extender which you will purchase from the market. The manual is easy to understand if you plan to set up the device manually. It contains step-by-step instructions for connections and its activation through the online portal.
Generally, all instructions are easy-to-understand, but there are a few instructions which require some sharp technical skills and expertise. In that case, you can directly contact us to assist you for the Netgear Wi-Fi extender ex3700 setup through its manual.
Common steps for Netgear Wi-Fi extender ex3700 setup
The Netgear Wi-Fi extender ex3700 setup has two viable methods.
- Web Browser method
- Bring the router and the extender in the same room and turn on the power looking for the LED light to turn green.
- Use a computer, laptop or mobile device to launch the web browser using mywifiext.net and later click on the “new extender setup button.”
- A list of networks will appear from where you can select the one you want to connect the extender with.
- Follow the options and click on “Continue” button to finalize the registration. Next, click on the “Finish” button.
With the final step, the Netgear ex3700 setup is successful. One can connect as many devices as possible with the extender. But, if you are still facing issue regarding the setup, get our experts’ assistance a.s.a.p.
- WPS Method
- Keep the Netgear device and the router nearby and turn them on.
- Once it is ready, it will have a solid LED green light.
- Now, press the WPS button present on the Netgear ex3700 extender setup and keep checking the status of the LED light.
- A white light shows that the connection is very good.
- Move the extender halfway between the router and low coverage area.
- Connect a Wi-Fi enabled mobile device or a laptop to get the extended network.
Following the above steps, you can complete the setup of Netgear EX3700 using the WPS button. In cases where the problem connecting to the network persists, contact our technical experts for easy troubleshooting.
Netgear ex3700 Troubleshooting tips
Troubleshoot persisting issues while extender setup is sometimes very easy. All you require is to follow a few steps, and you are good to go. Below mentioned are some expert troubleshooting tips for Wi-Fi extenders by Netgear.
- Make sure adequate power is being supplied to the extender.
- Check for any damage in the wall plug or wire break.
- Cross check the cables as they should be in good shape and plugged into the correct place.
- Look for any walls or interfering devices that can block the way of the extender and the router. This might be the leading cause of link break and problem, leading to poor signal strength.
- Use an updated web browser.
- Netgear ex3700 firmware update must be checked, in case if it is outdated go to an updated version.
At times, it happens that all the placements of router and extender are correct, but still, there are problems with the network. In such cases, there are chances that the Netgear ex3700 firmware is outdated. Below are the steps to update a new available firmware from the default website of Netgear extender.
Performing Netgear ex3700 firmware update
- Connect the extender to a power source.
- Login to the default extender web page, mywifiext.net.ex3700
- As the page displays, log in with your password and username details.
- Go to the Settings
- Click on the Firmware update or upgrade button and later click “Check”.
- If there is an updated version available, it is better not to wait for long to click on the button as updated firmware is better for the perfect functioning of the Netgear ex3700 extender.
- While the firmware is uploading do not interrupt the upgrade process.
- The extender reboots when the update is completed.
- Once the device boots up, the power LED lights starts blinking green.
- Now you can log in the extender for the fastest version.
Important Note – While downloading the firmware update, the user may get disconnected from the device. In such cases, it is better to avoid the use of any wireless device during the process. Also, it is noteworthy to use a wired connection while updating firmware.
Steps for doing Netgear ex3700 reset
Sometimes, even after firmware update, a few glitches persist. In that ideal scenario, factory reset should be taken as the resort.
- Locate factory reset button.
- Use a sharp object to press it and hold for about 7 seconds.
- Release the button as timer counts 7.
- As you release the button, your device resets.
In case, you face any issue regarding firmware update or Netgear ex3700 reset, call us for expert solutions. We are 24/7 available for all types of technical assistance.