Troubleshooting Netgear_Ext Not Showing In the Network List
The Netgear Extender is a great tool to have if you want to extend your Wi-Fi connection to a certain part of your home or office. You can just buy any extender from the wide range of Netgear extenders, and you can boost your Wi-Fi range effectively.
However, sometimes users can face issues like “Netgear_Ext not showing in the network list”. But there is nothing to worry about because it is not a major technical issue. In most cases, you can follow simple steps and get your extender detected.
for your convenience, here are some common causes of Netgear_Ext detection issues and their easy solutions.
1) Internet Connection Issues
Sometimes the issue may not be from the router or the extender. It can just be that your internet service is going through a downtime. Check the internet light on the router. If it is blinking or turned off, it simply means that there is no internet connection. You can wait for some time, and the internet service may resume. If the internet is not restored in some time, you can contact your internet service provider and register a complaint to get the issue resolved.
However, if the internet connection seems alright, you can move to the next step given below.
2) Install the Extender Properly
The common cause of Netgear_Ext detection issues is improper installation. Check all the connections and make sure that your Netgear extender is installed and configured well. Check all the connections, and re-configure the router and extender, if needed. You can also reset the router by following the steps given below.
- Keep the router turned on
- Locate the reset hole on the back of your router
- Use a pin or needle to press the reset button
- Hold the button for a few seconds and your router will be reset to default settings.
- Note: When you reset your router, all personalized settings will be removed, and the router will be reverted to default settings.
3) Check the Distance Between Extender and Router
The next thing to do is check the distance between the extender and router and the extender and the computer you want to connect. The extender must be placed in a clear line of sight and at equal distances from the router and computer for the best performance. To reduce other interferences, you must also keep the Netgear extender at least a couple of meters away from other electronic appliances. Taking these measures will ensure that the location of the Netgear extender is appropriate.
Now try to connect the extender. If Netgear_Ext is still not detected, the problem may be in your firmware.
4) Update Firmware
Sometimes when the firmware is outdated, connection issues may arise. Here’s how you can update your firmware easily.
- Connect your computer directly to the router
- Open your web browser and visit mywifiext.net administrative page
- Log in using your username or IP address to access your Netgear Account
- In your account, go to “Settings”.
- Locate the “Administration Section” and click on “Firmware Update“.
- The system will now search and display available updates for your devices.
- Choose the update for your Wi-Fi Extender and Router and update your firmware.
Once the firmware is updated, you can restart your router and extender and attempt the connection.
Get In Touch With Us Now!
As you can see, these are the most common cause and their solutions for “Netgear_Ext not showing in the network list”. If you need a Wifi extension over a large area, make sure that you have a strong extender like the 6Gbps Netgear Extender.
However, if the problem still persists, feel free to get in touch with us. Our experts will look into the matter and assist you with transparent advice.